Accident at work
Have you been injured
in an accident at work due to the fault of your employer
or a work colleague?
We can help you recover compensation which will help you with your recovery and rehabilitation.
The Accident Compensation People make claiming compensation easy. We specialise in helping people just like you claim the compensation you deserve. We operate a no win, no fee service for all our clients. This means that, in the event that your claim is not successful, you won’t have to pay out a penny. There are no upfront costs to pay and your solicitor will be completely transparent with you about any costs you might encounter. Our goal is to make sure you don’t have to worry about financial stresses when making a claim and can simply concentrate on getting better.
Give us a call on 0800 781 7789 or complete the free claim assessment form opposite. We will assess your claim and then appoint a solicitor to work for you. See Personal injury solicitors.
You may feel reluctant to make a claim against your employer for fear of victimisation or even losing your job. Your employer has a legal responsibility to provide a safe and secure workplace, provide competent co-workers, adequate materials and equipment, a safe system of work with proper training and supervision.
Even if your accident was caused by faulty
machinery or equipment supplied by another company, the
responsibility remains with your employer to ensure that
it is safe for you to use and you have adequate training.
If the accident at work was not your fault, you're entitled
to reasonable compensation for
your injuries, and the pain and suffering caused. Even
if your accident was caused by something a fellow worker
did, or didn't do, your employer will still usually be liable
(assault by another employee, being one of the main exceptions
Accidents at work are common and your employer
will have insurance to cover compensation claims from employers
who have been injured at work.
The case will be handled by the employers insurance company
and victimisation is rare.
In some cases your injury may leave you unable to continue working and it is probably then inevitable that your employment will be terminated. We can also help you claim for loss of earning and loss of future income as a result of your accident. Compensation awards in cases like these can be substantial.
We can help you pursue a claim
relating to accidents at work, in offices, on building
sites, in factories, infact any place of work, indoors or
Accident at work advice
- It will help your claim if your accident is reported and recorded in the accident book as soon as possible after the incident. If you are asked to sign the book, make sure it is accurately described in case you
later have to rely on it as evidence.
- Keep a note of any witnesses to the accident.
- Find out if any accidents of a similar nature have happened previously and find out if they were reported to your employer (it will strengthen
your case if your employer was aware of a potential accident and did nothing to prevent it).
- Don't give a written statement to your employer regarding the accident.
- Contact The Accident Compensation People as soon as possible after the accident, so we can investigate whilst events are still fresh in your mind and advise you on your best course of action. Remember, we offer a no win, no fee service, which means just what it says – if your claim isn’t successful you won’t have to pay us a penny. It means making a compensation claim is completely free of financial risk, leaving you with nothing to lose and everything to gain.
More Legal Resources
CourtService.gov.uk Latest legal judgements
BBC Legal Website